Sunday, September 28, 2008

Can you afford to have your servers down for five days?

6:52 EDT on 28 September 2008: Progress--finally!!!! My hosting site has been restored, BUT to its two-month-old-backup state. It is missing, of course, all of the updates I and my customers have made over the course of those two months, and those domain web sites that I added over that time.

It appears that we received all or most of the e-mail messages, for those addresses that existed prior to the two-month-old-backup (including those, that arrived during the outage), but it seems that all messages to those addresses created since the backup file was created two months ago are somewhere in the AITCOM ozone layer.

And, as of this time, my hosting control panel does not seem to be functioning. I have tried to reestablish the domains and e-mail addresses we've added over the last two months and have not been able to accomplish that.

Remember Ms. Tiffany Hall, the customer service supervisor? Well, she promised to call me before she left work today, at the end of her shift, and let me know how the repair was progressing. Would you be surprised to hear that she did not?

Well, as you can see, this saga has not ended. More to follow.

Can you afford to have your servers down for five days? Can you afford not to receive your business e-mail for five days? If so, then perhaps AITCOM.net is the hosting company for you. If not, well . . . ?

No comments: