Sunday, September 28, 2008

Can you afford to have your servers down for five days?

The saga continues:

The morning of the fifth day (third day since reporting the problem!): The servers are still down and, so, having NOT received a call from AITCOM, I called it. This being Sunday morning, a CSR answered fairly quickly. After looking up my my ticket number, Matt asked if everything was working. I said no, it isn't. He seemed puzzled and responded that it was working on his end. I said it isn't working on my end and told him that I could not even get to my control panel (Hint: if the control panel doesn't work, the web sites for that reseller will almost assuredly not be accessible).

(NOTE: After being timed out of the customer service que last night, I left a message, in accordance with AITCOM's recorded message, which included a promise that a representative would respond as soon a he/she became available so I would "not lose [my] place in the que." I stated in my message that I would like to hear from AITCOM at any time during the night. NO ONE CALLED!!!!)

Matt asked me to perform a "trace route," which I have done--all thirty "hops" timed out--and have pasted that data into an addendum to the trouble ticket, along with the results of failed attempts to FTP to my servers and to connect to one of my customer's web sites.

Now, as we approach the five day mark of my servers being down, and forty-eight hour mark of my opening of my trouble ticket, I am still completely in the dark as to what happened to my servers and what AITCOM, has attempted to do to repair them, and what it is doing, now.

I have just been timed out of the que, again, and have left another message to be called "without losing your place in the que." I'll let you know what happens.

Can you afford to have your servers down for five days? Can you afford not to receive your business e-mail for five days? If so, then perhaps hosting with AITCOM.net is for you. But, if not, well, . . . .

No comments: