Sunday, September 28, 2008

Can you afford to have your servers down for five days?

4:02 EDT on 28 September 2008: Frustration level just about pegged. I called again and was, after expressing great frustration about being ignored and kept in the dark, finally granted a telephonic audience with Tiffany Hall. She told me that I was one of four customers whose site was damaged last week, perhaps as the result of or during "system maintanance." Good news and bad news: Good News--AITCOM had located a backup; Bad News--The backup was TWO MONTHS OLD!!!!!!!

And why hasn't AITCOM been responsive to my support ticket and my requests for communications? Well, not her fault--not on her watch!! Of course! (But she was one of the people who wrote in the trouble ticket that the problem had been solved when it had not been.) She did promise "that someone higher than me" would contact me tomorrow (Monday). Yeah! Right. We'll see! I'll keep you informed.

She also promised that my site would be restored--from the two-month-old backup--within twenty minutes.

Can you afford to have your servers down for five days? Can you afford not to receive your business e-mail for five days? If so, then perhaps AITCOM.net is the hosting company for you. If not, well . . . ?

No comments: