Sunday, September 28, 2008

Can you afford to have your servers down for five days?

3:38 EDT on 28 September 2008: Having not received a callback from AITCOM.net, I checked the ticket status and found the following update from AITCOM.net:

"Reply Sent on : 9/28/2008 12:46:56 PM
By : Tiffany Hall
Hello,Our system administrators have corrected the problem and verified that your site tarichards.com is resolving internally and externally. If you have any further questions or require any further assistance please feel free to contact us. Please be sure to rate this ticket. Doing so is strictly rating my performance as a Technician in communicating with you and resolving any issues within my reasonable control.If you would like to give feedback on AIT as a company or for your services, please fill out our Customer Service Survey, located here: https://www.AIT.com/customerservicesurvey.phpThank you for rating this ticket and thank you for hosting with AIT!Tiffany Hall Customer Service TechnicianAIT, Inc.www.AIT.com"

BUT, my site is not resolving: I cannot connect to any of my customers' sites, to my own site, to my hosting control panel, or to my mail servers, nor can I connect to my server via FTP. Another incompetent attempt to resolve the problem and another lie from AITCOM.net.

Can you afford to have your servers down for five days? Can you afford not to receive your business e-mail for five days? If so, then perhaps AITCOM.net is the hosting company for you. If not, well . . . ?

No comments: