Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Iomega's Mysteriously Bad Technical Support - Update

I forgot to mention that yesterday I was also unable to submit a question to the company from the "My Account" function after signing in there. The "Question" function/icon was there, but clicking on it did not generate activity - I attempted it several times. What a waste of time.

I went to the Iomega site and found an opportunity to submit general "Feedback" to the company. I informed it of this blog and received a response with an apology and an offer an hour of technical support with the fee waived. It was too late. The offending hard drive had been disassemble for parts (not much of any value) and the remains were in the trash. But, more than anything, I just am not interested in doing business with a company whose products don't last and whose technical support is that horrible.

No comments: